Barry G rules afternoon radio on Mello FM

By Yasmine Peru

chatychaty.com: – Barry G is back.

In fact, Uncle Barry, as his younger listeners call him, has been back for quite a while. And although he says he is no longer the “Boogie Man”, he has gradually taken hold of afternoon radio, just as he did in the days when the Boogie Man was synonymous with radio.

Listeners are hearing a more mature Barry G, who, having recovered from a stroke in 2007, is extremely health conscious. He talks and walks the health road — belly fat, high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, the need for exercise — all come under his microscope. He talks relationships and he also talks sex. And, of course, he plays games — mind games, head games, text games and win-phone-credit games. It’s called the “Brainstorm”.

He takes listeners around the world as he catches up on the latest news; Barry G takes numbers to call listeners after the show to discuss their health related problems and refers them to his Foundation. His community of listeners share their sorrows and their joys and they all cried when a mother whose son had a rare eating disorder died a few weeks after sharing her story with Barry G.

Oh yes, he also plays music. Real music. Barry G plays and double-plays. His songs are educational,  relevant, provocative, incisive and cutting edge — just like the Barry G show on Mello. And Barry G isn’t afraid to show off his knowledge. “Who else on radio can play this Dennis Brown song and then play a Gregory Isaacs followed by a Freddie McGregor and then an I-Octane? I am going to teach all those selectors who call themselves disc jocks how to really play music,” Barry G will say “with no apologies”.

Barrington Seymour “Barry G” Gordon (OD) is back and listeners are tuning in to and loving his “wholesome, family-oriented” programme.

Posted in: The Scoop

RSSComments (16)

Leave a Reply | Trackback URL

1. Anonymous says:

The word is replicate

2. Anonymous says:

Hi Barry G
    I have always listen to your listen to
    your program when you were on two to six
    super mix,I tried to link you on since
    your back on radio but no luck yet. I
    have learnt a lot from your program.
    keep up that good work. Ps how is your brother Winston I knew him from was a boy too.

3. Anonymous says:

i think they should put it on the tv for us all to see,what about those who don’t have a computer.

4. Anonymous says:

Can someone please tell me what the number is to call in for the brain.storm question on the Barry g show

5. Anonymous says:

april 15 1912 that was a hundred yrs ago

titanic sank

6. Anonymous says:

what are the types of food that helps with memory loss.

7. Anonymous says:

Uncle Barry I enjoy listing to you in the afternoon,we need to talk about belly fat call me on this number 3757057

8. Anonymous says:

hi uncle barry, i have listin to u for years now. your so bless and highly favor o my god thank god for you when im down and at work im dyin 4 u to come on your a energy tablet.bless

9. Anonymous says:

Hi uncle Barry, i’ve lost over 35lbs just by drinking water the right way. and avoid eating after 1800 hours. i use to have to buy a size 40 waist pants just to have same fit properly, but thanks to you i’m now down to a size 38 pants, i have more energy and looks great. i use to lift weights in my younger days but i was never able to achieved the result that i;m seeing now. the reason for the change in diet was due to the fact that i got “pile” and the doctor says that whilst i was big and strong eating all that :white flour, white rice, white bread, white sugar and too much fried foods, did not make me to pass my stool easily, so fiber is the way to go. again uncle Barry thanks alot.

10. Anonymous says:

11. Anonymous says:

Good day uncle Barry I have been listening to you for as long as I can remember I am 38year old and I am having a problem I would need your advice with

12. Anonymous says:

Hi Uncle Barry,
    My name is Errol, from west Kingston,
    I think the word you are looking for is (refurbish) areas.

13. Anonymous says:

yow uncle Barry G,i have been listening from back in the 70s from the 2-6 supermix days and trust me u r the greatest and still the best , i listen to u every day and u really make every day day worthwhile and i enjoy when u blast our leaders because dem act as if they know it all and the only thing dem know is to talk dem mouth full of crop , sock it to dem everytime, they r just paper pushers.

14. jody kay says:

Greeting I want help with something important its tearing me apart